Thanks for your interest in volunteering for Triad Golden Retriever Rescue. TGRR does not have a facility where volunteers can come to groom, walk or play with the Goldens. Therefore, all of our dogs go into foster homes before they are adopted. However, we do have lots of needs that interested persons can fill. Please let us know if you can help via our Contact Us form.
Here are a few needs:
Before a Golden is placed, a TGRR volunteer visits the home of the prospective adopter to insure that the dog is going to a suitable home.
Because fosters are a vital part of our rescue program, we can never have too many homes. If you think you might be interested in fostering, we want to talk to you.
In the Spring and Fall there are lots of activities going on to which we get invited so we are always looking for volunteers to meet and greet the public and tell them about Goldens.
From April to September, once or twice a month, we need volunteers to help with parking cars at the Grasshopper’s baseball games in downtown Greensboro. We also have a fundraising committee that plans and schedules fundraising activities and needs hard-working volunteers to help with these activities.
Our organization is growing and we need people with good organizational skills to help with:
- Volunteers This person would respond to inquiries about volunteering and would assist other coordinators by finding volunteers to help with special projects.
- Publicity This person would get the word out about TGRR’s activities.
- Education - This person would help us develop and present programs to educate the public about the breed and responsible dog care.
- Newsletter This person is responsible for soliciting and writing articles, printing and mailing/emailing the TGRR newsletter no less than quarterly.
- Website Coordinator This person would maintain the TGRR website.
In addition, we know there are people with special skills who could make a great contribution to the organization but we haven't thought of what they might be. Do you have special skills or talents that we could use to promote Golden Retriever rescue?