TGRR News, Tips and Info
Purebred Alternative Listing/Indefinite Listing Privilege
If you have a purebred dog that cannot be registered with the AKC and have a desire to see what your dog can do in real competition, a PAL/ILP number is your ticket to the world of AKC events and clubs! The program that provides purebred dogs a Purebred second chance. Download Full Article
TGRR Wish List
TGRR is looking for items to help with fundraising, caring for our fosters, and events. We greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide.
- Items for resale in Hearts of Gold Booth:
home decor items
- Dog beds & blankets
- Ramp for van/SUV for our older rescues
- Rugged dog toys, e.g. Kong®
- Gift cards to pet stores
- Large dog crates -- collapsible wire
- Collapsible tent for events
- Folding table (lightweight, 6')
- Pop up banners/signs for TGRR
- Foster homes
- Kuerig®-type coffee machine for fundraisers
To donate, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a wonderful web resource from Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue for those of you whose dogs have trouble with thunder. Noise phobia, often manifested as excessive fear during thunderstorms, is a relatively common affliction of dogs. The link below will open a new window/tab for Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue
TGRR Booth at Golden Antiques & Treasures is Better than Ever!
TGRR shares a booth at Golden Antiques & Treasures with Animal Foster and Rescue Program, called the "Rescue Room". Many new treasures can be found. This new location has lots more vendors and unique vintage antique items of all sorts. Come browse and visit our Rescue Room.
TGRR contact: Faye W at 336-282-9028 or email@example.com
We are looking for donations of antiques and collectibles. Other things that should sell well:
- Home decoration items: artwork, pottery, collectibles, pillows, nostalgic items, frames, quilts....
- Small to medium furniture: side tables, chairs, plant stands, quilt racks, small bookcases, lamps, tables....
- Larger furniture: please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss if it fits in the booth
- Women's accessories, gently used: scarves, handbags, jewelry, nice shoes, hats
- Entertainment: books, DVD, records
- Golden Retriever memorabilia of any sort: figurines, prints, plaques with sayings....
Remember, you can get a tax deductible receipt at the front desk or by contacting email@example.com, and all proceeds benefit our Goldens.
Golden Antiques & Treasures
341 Ram Loop (off 220 North)
MONDAY-SATURDAY 10 AM-6PM
Your Golden could be a Star! Why not share your experiences or share pictures of your Golden and reach hundreds of dog lovers. The TGRR newsletter is published seasonally and we are always interested in hearing from you. You do not need to have adopted from TGRR to participate but it helps to own a Golden!
There are several newsletter categories for you to contribute to:
- Golden Express Mailbag: Send an update on your rescued TGRR Golden and let us know how he/she is adapting to a new life. Don’t forget to mention those quirky habits that make you laugh and attach a photo or two, maybe three… There is no limit on submissions, so feel free to write anytime, we love to read about your Golden.
- Golden Snapshots: Did you take a great photo of your Golden, or a real funny one? Email it to us for our fun photo category… The larger the photo file, the better the image will reproduce. (We prefer images of 1MB in size or larger)
- Story ideas: Share your experiences owning Goldens. Story ideas range from vacationing with Goldens, life with Goldens, addressing medical issues, home remedies, training Goldens, etc. If you are not certain about an idea, email us first and we will be glad to answer any questions.
- Goldens in World News: Did you read or hear a story about Goldens making news. Email us a link or where to find the story.
- Book reviews: Did you read a good dog-related book? Why not share it with us and submit a book review.
Please email your submissions to the newsletter editor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note that all submissions are subject to available newsletter space. Some submissions may be published in a future issue.